Thursday, August 4, 2011

Do people in China REALLY eat dog???

I really, really don't like to believe stereotypes.  
Not one bit.
But sometimes, they are so true that I cannot ignore them. 

This was the case in China when we saw this headline:


I had always wanted to believe that the whole "Chinese people eat dog" thing was an urban legend of sorts.  Sure, there might have been a few isolated cases throughout history, but not a common practice.

Apparently, I was wrong. 

The article talks about dogs that were saved from being sold for food.  Another belief I had was that I believed if dogs were indeed eaten, it was only by people so poor that they had no choice.
Wrong again.
The dogs were sold for $100 to $150 each. 
Apparently, they are more of a delicacy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment