Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Personal Top 10 Albums of the Decade

So, I have been thinking a lot lately about the end of the 00 decade.  Most of my high school years and all my undergrad years were in this decade, so it was quite formative, and I am very appreciative of it!
To show my love, I am going to start making some lists, summing up things I loved dearly in the 00s. Today we have . . . . . .  


My Personal Top 10 Albums of the 00s!!!!


Disclaimer: These are the albums that I listened to most and were released in the 00s. 
 I am not saying they are critically the best, if that were the case, 
Yankee Hotel Foxtrot would be on here for Potts.  
These are simply the albums I could never get enough of!


10. The Postal Service - Give Up
In my heart, anything Ben Gibbard touches is gold!!!!!



9. Ra Ra Riot - The Rhumb Line

This album would definitely be higher on the list, 
but it did not come out till near the end of the decade, 
so I had much less time to listen to it!!!!!  


8.  Copeland -In Motion
    
I first heard of Copeland when I saw 
them at HYAMP in Huntington. 
I spent most of 2006 listening to this CD.
One of the most beautiful songs I will ever know
is "You Have My Attention"


7. Anberlin - Cities

Any and all Anberlin CDs could easily be on this list. 
 I can count on all of their albums all the time.
Consistently good.  


6. mewithoutYou - Brother, Sister

I thought I did not like mwY until Jess Poole made me
listen to this CD.  How wrong I was!
One of the best shows I have ever seen!


5. Spill Canvas - One Fell Swoop

As Jess Poole and I discussed the other day, 
both Spill Canvas and Ra Ra Riot are AMAZING bands
that we had never heard of until they opened for 
a band we loved!  Isn't it wonderful to receive a
surprise like that?


4. Death Cab for Cutie - Plans

Again, this is really just my representation for all 
Death Cab albums.  They are definitely in my top 
3 favorite bands!! Dying to see them live again!


3. White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan

As much as I love White Blood Cells, what sets
 Get Behind Me Satan apart for me is the 
insane diversity in the songs.
Almost every song on the album has
a completely different feel to it 
than the one before it, and yet
I love them all!!!!  
Jack is genius!


2. Michael Jackson - Number Ones

I mean, is there any need for words??  
RIP MJ, I was never a fan that 
abandoned you, and your music
will never abandon me when 
I need to dance!!!!!



And . . . . . My Top Album of the 00s is . . . . . . . 


1. Mae - The Everglow!!!!!!!!!

I will NEVER, EVER forget the way I felt the first
time I put this CD in my car stereo and heard "We're So Far Away."
This album is a story, and no part of it disappoints.  
I am listening to it right now, and it feels like 
reuniting with a long lost friend. 


Some Honorable Mentions are:
Brand New - The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me
Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now
White Stripes - White Blood Cells
Death Cab for Cutie - Narrow Stairs

So . . . 
What are SOME of your Favorites?????

No comments:

Post a Comment