Thursday, March 25, 2010

Final paper of the semester due Friday.  It is a massive pain.  
At least I am on the side I believe is right, makes the work much easier.  


Last Semester, on the way to every final, 
I rocked out to MJ & Janet's Scream.  

The lyrics are quite applicable to law school life
"Stop pressuring me, you make me want to Scream!"

Blaring it is definitely a nice outlet.




I ran into this recently and it warmed my heart all over.
Those of you who know me well, know of my long-term, 
intense love for the King of Pop

I have always defended him to everyone. I have listened to his music consistently throughout my life. 
I never turned against him, or gave up on him. 

When my BFF told me he had died, I fell to the ground. 
It sounds very odd, but I mourned more for MJ than I just about anyone else I have ever known, 
with one exception.


I cannot see his children make a public appearance without tearing up.

And, I actually had a spiritual experience when I went to see "This Is It"


Now, before you cry "Blasphemy!" . . . .  Listen!!!


I was in the theater watching this amazing man perform, compose, produce, conduct every single minute detail of his show,  his opus.  He had more talent in his pinky than everyone else I know in the world combined.  Watching him took my breathe away, and I just kept thinking
"God gave him that talent.  This breathtaking talent is just a small glimpse of an aspect of God, something that he created, and blessed Michael with."



And his spirit . . .
He was so humble and so kind.
The American public turned on him in a horrible way
and hurt him very deeply. 
Due to accusations that had no evidence to back them up
and a scandal-hungry mass media that
decided his guilt the moment they heard the accusations, 
his life was never the same.



But from what I saw in the documentary, 
I would say he did not become bitter or cynical.

People hurt him, bad
But he wanted to provide his fans with an amazing show
He wanted his children to get to see who he HAD been, before.

The cynical people out there will always believe what they want, 
but I believe in Michael
and I am soooo thankful for the gift of music, dance, and inspiration
that he gave us all.
It makes me sad to think of what he got back from us at the end of his life .. . .


I will conclude this topic, one I am very passionate about, with this:

When I was leaving the theater after watching "This is It" 
I was listening to the masterpiece, Billy Jean
and some of the lyrics hit me so hard
as a foreshadowing of the events in Michael's life


"Be careful what you do,
 because a lie becomes the truth."

1 comment: