Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Tribute to Zooey . . .

SOOOOO . . .  I am sitting on the front porch in a shabby white rocking chair with the sun shining and a nice breeze blowing and listening to the new She & Him album, Volume 2.

                                                         
I have kindly included a link, so you too can have a listen!



And this has inspired in me a need to share my love for the amazing Zooey Deschanel



I am just going to go ahead and assume that you have all seen (500) Days of Summer, since it is the best movie released last year and one of my current obsessions.
(If you think the movie is great, the soundtrack will blow your mind!)


So, accordingly, you should at least know Ms. Deschanel (Gibbard) as Summer.  If not, she has also starred in Yes Man w/ Jim Carrey, The Happening w/ Mark Walberg, and many other films such as her screen-stealing role in Almost Famous.


But her acting alone is not what inspires such devotion from me.  
For one, she is an actress and musician that actually makes
good, quality music.

Also, she is married to THE Ben Gibbard
which lets me know she has 
wonderful taste and appreciates quality men.
I think she is one lucky girl!



One of her defining characteristics is her unique style.  
She is a fashion icon for the unconventional, like me!


Lastly, awhile back I found these adorable pics of her apartment!!!  
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE getting to see how my favorite stars decorate!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well, obviously I am a fan on the bangs and colored tights with skirts looks!
    So- a fashion icon for me as well :)

    PS miss ya face, and can't wait to be reunited!!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Zooey- she has an amazing voice and is just so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete