Saturday, January 15, 2011

Honest Talk About Weight Loss

Fridays are my weigh-in day.  
After 9 days on Weight Watchers, I had lost 3.5 lbs, which I am happy with because healthy results are 1-2 lbs a week lost.


I did some calculations, and if I stay on the program, and keep up with the 2 lbs a week rate, I should be at my ideal weight by June, which is when I am going to Korea for a summer study abroad trip :)
(I am extra-inspired to lose weight before going to Korea because I do not want to be known as the "fat American"!!)


Now for some honest talk: I have had another break-through.

I have been making progress and felt good about my progress.
However, today was terrible!!!!!!!

I am on a weekend getaway with some law school friends, and today I totally binged on food. 
I thought to myself "I am on vacation, I can have a cheat day!"

But here is where the break-through comes in:
I feel so miserable now, and all I can think is
 "No food is worth this feeling!!"
I literally feel like I am waddling every time I move.
I feel like I am going to blow up.  

After 9 days on watching portions, eating feeling food, and feeling good, this is terrible!!!!!

And so, I am even more inspired to stay on my program.  The couple of minutes  of pleasure I feel when I am eating crappy, large amounts of food is vastly outweighed by the terrible, uncomfortable, bloated feeling I am feeling now!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Good for you Ambria! I wish you the best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so proud of you! You are off to such a great start, I can't wait to see the end product :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 the pic of the scale. I need that reminder CONSTANTLY!!

    ReplyDelete