Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year . . . New Me

Every year, during the month of January, everyone talks about change.
It is a cliche, and often the "changes" are done, and old habits have resumed before the month even ends.

That is why I cringe at even writing this post.

However, for awhile now, something has been very unsettled in my soul:

I am not Happy with Me. 

Now, that does not mean I don't like anything about myself.
Quite the contrary, as I do like most things about me.



Things I like:
My eyes,
My hair,
The fact that I am never afraid to speak my opinion, 
My obnoxious laugh and loud voice, 
My smile, 
The fact I am tough enough to be in law school, 
etc.

And I love my friends more than anything, and they like me,
so clearly I am not half bad.  



But there is one thing that I LOATHE about myself, 
and that is my body.

(it was hard for me to find pictures as examples, because I try to take as many "face only" pics as possible)

This is really hard for me to say that and put it out there.  
It seems too negative and I have always thought that if I don't draw attention
to my weight and body problems, then no one will notice
(Yeah, right!! Get your head out of the sand!)

I am forcing myself to be extremely honest and real in this blog post, because once
I have put this out there, I can't take it back.
I have to do something about it.

And I have come to that point that I have often heard you must come to before real change occurs:

I CANNOT GO ON DOING WHAT I HAVE BEEN DOING AND BE HAPPY AT THE SAME TIME.

My only option now is change.  



I do have a plan, and I will write further blog posts in the coming days detailing my plan
(part of the plan is to blog the experience, for acountability!)



4 comments:

  1. You can do it! I have faith in you! You are already amazing & this will just make you feel even better about yourself. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I can't wait to join you on your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful, Ambria! Let me know if I can help in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also wanted to add to the list of things to love about you:

    -your amazing adorable accent
    -your out of this world baking skills
    -your newly acquired knitting hobby
    -you are the most loyal and caring friend ever
    -you put up with wild and crazy friends hehehe
    -our road trips

    and much much more!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete