Thursday, February 10, 2011

Possession

"I cannot let you burn me up, 
nor can I resist you . . . 
No mere human can stand in a fire and 
not be consumed"
Possession



I watched the movie Possession for the first time last night.  
(This is the one starring Gwyneth Paltrow)

It is a beautiful story about an inconvenient romance.
It is complicated, secret, and opposed by culture
but it produces beautiful results.

I LOVE stories like this.
I deeply  believe that all relationships do not have to follow a cookie cutter format for the people in them to experience true romance.  
Sometimes, not being able to be together at all creates a type of romantic passion that would not exist under other circumstances.

I highly recommend this movie if you like Victorian England, poetry, tortured romance, and/or Gwyneth and Aaron Eckhart.  

Another AMAZING movie along these same lines is "Dangerous Beauty"
One of my favorite movies of all time, I highly recommend it!!!!!



Do you have any tortured romance-type movies to recommend to me????

Love, 
Ambria Monique


No comments:

Post a Comment