Monday, February 14, 2011

A Single Girl's Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I am single. 
I am more frequently single than not. 

I, in many ways, enjoy being single.
I do NOT enjoy stereo-types about single people, and one of those is that we all hate 
Valentine's Day!


I often find myself giving in to societal pressures to, as a single, hate Valentine's Day.
I get on Facebook and see all the cynical status updates about
"anti-singles day" and "singles awareness day" and think,
"This is how I am supposed to feel about V-Day"
But then, in moment's of self-realization, I realize how much I really truly love it!


It's a day all about LOVE!  And I am a person who loves LOVE!
It doesn't have to be all about a significant other!  
I can use this day to celebrate love of my friends, my family, and myself!
(This is a Valentine my 5 year old sister made me!)

So far, I have enjoyed this Valentine's Day greatly!!!!
It was proceeded by an AMAZING weekend.
The weather is beautiful. 
I didn't have class till 2, so I was able to wake up and unwind at my house, 
reading homework while both of my very loving cats cuddled up on me. 

 
Bleaker

All in all, I am in a VERY happy place in my life!  
I feel love every single day.  
I have a beautiful "niece" and "nephew"that I love all day, every day,
even though I do not get to see them often.  

BFF Tommy holding my lil Malakai

The Beautiful Piper Poole!!!

There are people in my life that I love deeply, and just because I am not in a romantic dating relationship, that does not mean that I do not feel love and passion every day, I do!



And most importantly, I am surrounded by the most beautiful, loving friends that human being could ever be blessed with.  
Some I see every day, some I see every few weeks, some less than that, 
but I love them all with my whole heart

So, today, no matter what your "relationship status", 
CELEBRATE LOVE!!!

Give it freely to all of those you encounter and are blessed to have in your life, 
and you will feel so blessed, you will be forced to get rid of your cynical Facebook status!!!


Love, 
Ambria Monique


No comments:

Post a Comment